Why Use a Realtor When Selling
Why use an AMERI/STAR REALTOR® when selling a home?
A real estate agent can help you understand everything you need to know about the home selling process. Not all real estate licensees are the same; only those who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS (NAR) are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR® trademark on their business cards and other marketing and sales literature.
AMERI/STAR REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. AMERI/STAR REALTORS® subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reported that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again & our AMERI/STAR statistics reflect the same high rate of repeat & referral business.
Real estate transactions are one of the biggest financial dealings of most people’s lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $250,000. If you had a $250,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a certified professional accountant? If you had a $250,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be wise to work with a professional REALTOR when you are selling a home.
If you're still not convinced of the value of an AMERI/STAR REALTOR®, here are more reasons to use one:
- When selling your home, an AMERI/STAR REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace as well as the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
- Often, your AMERI/STAR REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property.
- An AMERI/STAR REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. In many markets across the country, over half of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer.
- An AMERI/STAR REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, distributing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service (MLS) or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR Code of Ethics requires REALTORS to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
- An AMERI/STAR REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. NAR studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your AMERI/STAR REALTOR, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your AMERI/STAR REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- An AMERI/STAR REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing and a lot of possible pitfalls. Your AMERI/STAR REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
- An AMERI/STAR REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home. Issues may arise between the initial sales agreement and closing (also called settlement or escrow), for example, unexpected repairs might be required to obtain financing or a title problem is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your AMERI/STAR REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing.